The Paraguay Permanent Residency Permit Solution is the cheapest, most straightforward and low-tax product of the immigration market. Moreover, the official immigration process to obtain the Paraguay Permanent Residence Permit takes less than three months. Also, Paraguayan Permanent residents’ foreign-sourced income is tax-exempt, and the resident status can be maintained without the constant personal presence in Paraguay. However, the permanent resident must visit Paraguay once during three years to maintain the status.
Cost of the Paraguay Permanent Residency Permit
- Legal and agency fees:
- Application for the Permanent Residence Permit 1,800 EUR
- Application for the ID Card 750 EUR
- Application fees, tax, affidavit, notary fees, medical check, Interpol/National/Municipal Police and other administration fees: app. 800 EUR (depends on the daily exchange rates)
- Deposit as proving solvency: Gs. 29.519.000 (app. 4.120 EUR, depends on the current exchange rate of Guaraní) The amount is deposited on the Migrations bank account in the National Bank account and can be transferred, withdrawn, etc after the immigration process)
- Family members: legal and agency fees from 2,500 EUR
- Retired people with a proof of the amount of pension can apply without deposit! (Read here more about the Paraguay Pension Based (Retirement) Permanent Residency Program)
Who can apply for the Paraguay Permanent Resident status?
Applicants with a clean criminal record can apply, without any country restrictions. Paraguay is a very welcoming country, which needs skilled immigrants and investors to develop faster and give a boost to the economy.
Necessary documents for the Paraguay Permanent Residency Permit
- Clean Police Record
- Birth certificate
- Certificate of marriage or divorce
- Medical certificate (must be issued in Paraguay)
- Certificate of life and residence permit (from Paraguay)
- Affidavit (must be issued in Paraguay)
- Document issued by the National Police, Identifications Department of Paraguay
The documents (except those will be issued in Paraguay) must be translated officially to Spanish, copied, notarized and apostilled. If the applicant’s country can not issue Apostilled documents, the documents can be validated at the nearest embassy or consulate of Paraguay.
Time frames of the Paraguay Permanent Residency Permit process
The process of obtaining the Paraguay Permanent Residence Permit takes maximum 90 days from the submission of the application, but generally, the Ministry issues the residence permits in 70 days. The resident must apply for the ID card in maximum six months after the issuing of the permanent residence permit.
Personal presence during the immigration process in Paraguay:
The applicant must travel two times to Paraguay during the process. The submission of the application for the permanent resident status takes only three to five working days (opening the bank account for the deposit, medical exam, etc). After the resident obtained the permit, he/she has six months to apply for the Paraguayan ID card. This process takes maximum two days.
Advantages of the Paraguay Permanent Residence Permit
- The right of living and working in Paraguay
- The permanent resident status of Paraguay can be maintained without living or physical presence in Paraguay (but must visit once in every three years).
- Foreign sourced income is tax-exempt because of the territorial and low tax system (see below)
- Paraguay is a stable country in South America and a member of the MERCOSUR with one of the highest GDP increase in the world
- Living in Paraguay is cheap
- Spanish is the primary language in Paraguay
Practical steps during the process of obtaining the Paraguay Permanent Residency Permit
1. The applicant must collect and validate the necessary documents and send the scanned copies or the originals to the immigration lawyer
2. The applicant travels to Paraguay:
- Medical exam
- Interpol and other due diligence processes by the police
- Opens bank account for the deposit
- Submission of the application at the Immigration Directorate
3. The Immigration Directorate issues the permanent residence permit card in 90 days. The card is valid for ten years.
- The immigration lawyer can pick up the residence permit with a Power of Attorney and can send it to the resident with a courier.
- The deposit (app 4200 EUR or 4,600 USD) can be transferred or withdrawn from the National Bank.
4. The permanent resident must travel to Paraguay to apply for the ID card.
Taxes in Paraguay for permanent residents
To begin with, foreign sourced income is tax-exempt in Paraguay. Residents start to pay income tax on an income minimum of 22,500 USD sourced in Paraguay. Take a look at all necessary information about Paraguay’s personal and corporate income taxes here!
Maintenance of the permanent resident status in Paraguay
The resident does not have to live in Paraguay as a permanent resident. However, the permanent residence must visit Paraguay at least one time in every three years.
Citizenship of Paraguay
There are several misleading information about the process of obtaining the citizenship of Paraguay. The truth is that permanent residents must live three years in Paraguay to be able to apply. This means that the resident must spend more than 183 days in Paraguay for three years each, until issuing the Paraguayan passport. Only family members of Paraguayan citizens can obtain citizenship faster than three years. You can find here all the necessary information on obtaining the Citizenship of Paraguay.
Cost of living in Paraguay
Generally, Paraguay is a very cost-effective country. All necessary costs of living of Paraguay are on this site.
Study in Paraguay
Paraguay’s university costs are affordable. You can find here all necessary information about Paraguay Student Visa and Temporary Residence Permit
Quality of life with a Paraguay Permanent Residency Permit
Paraguay is an excellent place to live. It is beautiful, secure, has good education and healthcare systems.
Paraguay Permanent Residency Permit Solution is the most affordable legal solution for immigration in a secure and welcoming country.
How can I get Paraguay Permanent Residency?
We gladly send you our brochures with all the detailed information about how to obtain the Paraguay Permanent Residence Permit and the ID card. You can contact us by email or we can set up a consultation. Moreover, it is also possible to come and visit our office in Asunción, Paraguay.
Copyright by Bence Zákonyi – Paraguay Permanent Residence Permit 2020