The Paraguay Residency Permit Solution is the most affordable, straightforward and low-tax jurisdiction in 2023. Moreover, the official immigration process to obtain the Paraguay Temporary Residence Permit may take less than three months. After two years as a temporary resident, you will qualify for the Paraguay Permanent Resident status. Also, Paraguayan residents’ foreign-sourced income is tax-exempt., The resident can maintain the status without the constant personal presence in Paraguay. Moreover, the permanent resident must visit Paraguay only every three years to maintain the status.
Cost of the Paraguay Residency Permit
Since July 2023, all applicants must apply for a qualifying visa for settlement at the Ministry of Foreign Affairs in Asuncion. The visa fee is 160 USD!
- Legal and agency fees:
- Application for the Temporary Residence Permit 1,800 EUR
- Application for the ID Card 750 EUR
- Application fees, tax, Affidavit, notary fees, medical check, Interpol/National/Municipal Police and other administration fees: app. 800 EUR (depending on the daily exchange rates)
- According to the amended Immigration law 2022 (https://www.migraciones.gov.py/index.php/politica-migratoria), the applicant must only declare proof of solvency.
- Family members: legal and agency fees from 1,500 EUR (spouse 2,000, children above 18 2,000 EUR, children under 18 1,500 EUR)
Who can apply for Paraguay Resident status?
Applicants with a clean criminal record can apply without any country restrictions. Paraguay is a welcoming country that needs skilled immigrants and investors to develop faster and boost the economy.
How do I become a resident of Paraguay in 2022?
Contact us for our guides; we are here to answer your questions. Then you gather the necessary documents, Apostille stamps, or the Embassy’s validation. We await you in Paraguay and will hold your hand during the local process.
Necessary documents for the Paraguay Residency Permit
- Clean Police Record
- Birth certificate
- Certificate of marriage or divorce
- Medical certificate (must be issued in Paraguay)
- Certificate of life and residence permit (from Paraguay)
- Affidavit (must be issued in Paraguay)
- Document issued by the National Police, Identifications Department of Paraguay
- Declaration about the proof of solvency
- Qualifying visa issued by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs (from Paraguay)
The applicant must first get the Apostille stamps or Embassy validation and then translate the documents to Spanish with an official translator. We translate documents, but some “exotic” languages can cause additional costs when the next official translator agency is in Argentina or Brazil. If the applicant’s country does not issue Apostilled documents, Paraguay’s nearest Embassy or consulate can validate the documents. However, if your country of citizenship is a member of the Hague Apostille Agreement, you must Apostille your documents.
Time frames of the Paraguay Residency Permit process
First, you must arrive in Paraguay and apply through us for the qualifying visa, this visa will be valid after two weeks. The process of obtaining the Paraguay Temporary Residence Permit takes up to 90 days from applying, according to the law. However, the authorities, in rare cases, issued the permits faster. Still, mostly, they are in a severe backlog because of the high number of applicants. The resident must apply for the ID card within six months after issuing the permanent residence permit.
Personal presence during the immigration process in Paraguay:
The applicant must travel two times to Paraguay during the process. First, we must apply for the necessary visa at the Ministry of Foreign Affairs, and it will be valid only after two weeks (new rule since July 2023). The application submission for the resident status takes only three to five working days (opening the bank account for the deposit, medical exam, etc.). After obtaining the permit, the resident has six months to apply for the Paraguayan ID card. This application process takes a maximum of two days. Please note, since the Covid, we can’t guarantee finishing our job in five working days. Anything can happen that may cause a delay of days. Please, consider staying ten working days, but we usually finish the process faster.
Advantages of the Paraguay Residence Permit
- The right to obtain temporary, later permanent residency permits qualifies for citizenship of Paraguay after living only three years here.
- The right to live and work in Paraguay
- The resident can maintain Paraguay’s temporary and permanent resident status without living or physical presence in Paraguay (permanent residents must visit once every three years).
- Foreign-sourced and not remitted income is tax-exempt because of the territorial and low tax system (see below)
- Paraguay is a stable country in South America and a member of the MERCOSUR with one of the highest GDP increases in the world.
- Living in Paraguay is affordable.
- Spanish is the primary language in Paraguay.
Practical steps during the process of obtaining the Paraguay Residency Permit
1. The applicant must collect and validate the necessary documents and send scanned copies of the original documents to our leading immigration attorney to check the details.
2. The applicant travels to Paraguay:
- Application for the qualifying visa at the Ministry of Foreign Affairs
- Medical exam
- Interpol and other due diligence processes by the police
- Declaration about the proof of solvency and Affidavit
- Submission of the application to the Immigration Directorate
3. The Immigration Directorate issues the Paraguayan temporary residence permit card in 90 days. The card is valid for two years.
- Our immigration attorney can pick up the residence permit with a Power of Attorney and send it to the resident by courier.
4. The resident must travel to Paraguay to apply for an ID card.
Taxes in Paraguay for permanent residents
Foreign-sourced and not remitted income is tax-exempt in Paraguay. Residents start to pay income tax on an income minimum of 22,500 USD sourced in Paraguay. Look at all the necessary information about Paraguay’s personal and corporate income taxes here!
Maintenance of the permanent resident status in Paraguay
The resident does not have to live temporarily or permanently in Paraguay. However, permanent residents must visit Paraguay at least once every three years. Don’t forget that the temporary resident status is obtainable for two years (you can extend it for another two years). So, the resident must visit Paraguay to obtain permanent status after these initial two years. As a permanent resident, visiting Paraguay every three years is enough.
Citizenship of Paraguay
There is several of misleading information about the process of obtaining citizenship in Paraguay. The Paraguay Citizenship truth is that residents must live three years in Paraguay to apply. The resident must spend more than 183 days in Paraguay for three years each until issuing the Paraguayan passport. Only family members of Paraguayan citizens can obtain citizenship faster than three years.You can find here all the necessary information on obtaining Citizenship in Paraguay.
Paraguay Citizenship Advantages
- Paraguay’s passport ranked 25. among all travel documents in the world. It allows you to enter 143 countries visa-free or pick up a visa upon arrival—visa-free entry to the EU, Russia, etc.
- Paraguayan citizens can quickly obtain working visas in the US.
- Paraguayan citizens can hassle-free settle in any MERCOSUR country (Brazil, Argentina, Uruguay, etc.).
Cost of living in Paraguay
Generally, Paraguay is a very cost-effective country. All necessary costs of living in Paraguay are on this site.
Study in Paraguay
Paraguay’s university costs are affordable. You can find all the necessary information about Paraguay Student Visa and Temporary Residence Permit.
Quality of life with a Paraguay Permanent Residency Permit
Paraguay is an excellent place to live. It is beautiful, secure, and has good education and healthcare systems.
Paraguay Permanent Residency Permit Solution is the most affordable legal solution for immigration to a safe and welcoming country. Paraguay is among the last countries in the world where you can start a business with relatively small capital and maintain it and live well, in freedom where nobody bothers you. Beautiful Paraguay always lacks professionals. All kinds of professionals, from electricians and carpenters to project managers, translators and IT professionals, among many others.
Paraguay Permanent Residency 2022
How can I get Paraguay Residency?
We will gladly send you our brochures with detailed information about obtaining the Paraguay temporary and later permanent Residence Permit and the ID card. You can contact us by email, or we can set up a consultation. Moreover, it is also possible to come and visit our office in Asunción, Paraguay.
Copyright by Bence Zákonyi – Paraguay Permanent Residence Permit 2022