There are two solutions under the Panama Residency by Investment Program. You can become a permanent resident and later a citizen of Panama as Macro Company Investor or Real Estate Investor.
Panama also offers one of the best and most affordable/straightforward permanent residency programs without investment. The Panama Friendly Nations Visa Program leads to citizenship after five years (read here all the detailed info about it). However, not all applicants qualify for the program. Only citizens of 50 can apply exclusively and for those who can establish a commercial relationship within Panama, as a shareholder of a company or as an employee; and having a personal bank account in Panama. You can read here all the information about the Panama Friendly Nations Visa.
The Panama Residency by Investment Program offers affordable and fast-track immigration process for investors. And also for those applicants, whose citizenship does not qualify for the Panama Friendly Nations Visa Program.
The Panama Residency by Investment Program attracts investors with two options:
- Permanent Residence for Macro Company Investors
- Permanent Residence for Real Estate Investors
Process of the Panama residency by investment program
In both categories, the investor needs to visit Panama to register their passport in the National Migration Service system and to sign all the necessary documents in our office. So we can legally represent you and obtain Panama’s residency permit for you.
Documents required to become a permanent resident and later citizen under the Panama Residency by Investment Program
- Police Record duly apostilled, from the country the applicants been resident for the past two years.
- The bank certificate that the investment arrived from abroad
How to invest in a Macro Company for the permanent residence permit of Panama?
The amount of investment must come from a foreign source (outside of Panama), and the bank which receives the funds need to certify for the National Migration Service that the applicant’s investment arrived from abroad.
Foreigners who wish to invest in a macro-company, with a minimum share capital of USD160,000, can obtain the initial residence permit of Panama for two years. After the initial period, we help you to apply for the permanent residence permit. For each dependent on the application, the investment must increase in two thousand dollars (USD2,000.00). So, if there are the main applicant and three dependents (wife and two kids), the investment must be for one hundred sixty-six thousand dollars (USD166,000.00), for example.
The residents, who become shareholders and dignitaries of the same company must note that the omission of this requirement will result in the cancellation of the request and the obligation to leave the country.
The applicant can start a new company or can buy shares of one already established or existent for the minimum established. In either case, the investment needs to be proven to the National Migration System through financial statements by a public authorized accountant or auditor. The company must have at least five Panamanians in social security payroll. In the first case, we can provide our legal services for the proper registration of a new company, and also provide the accounting services need.
Amount of investment in a macro-company and the total cost of the residence permit of Panama
Investment and government fees:
- Main applicant: 160,000 USD in company shares and 1,550 USD (government fee).
- Dependents: 2,000 USD investment/person and 1,550.00 USD for those older than 12 years old and 700 USD for those under 12 years old in additional government fee.
- Legal fee for the primary applicant: Provisional Resident Permit for Economic Reasons Macro-Company: 2,000 USD (main applicant)
- Legal fee for each dependent applicant: Provisional Resident Permit for Economic Reasons Macro-Company: 600 USD
- Legal fee for Company Registration: 1,450 USD (includes government fees)
- Accountant fees: To be determined.
- Legal fees for the company’s Commercial Permit: 550 USD (includes government fees)
How to get Panama permanent residence permit through investment in real estate?
Our client, who invests a minimum of 300,000 USD of his or her funds, without financing, in real estate and demonstrates that the funds come from abroad can become a permanent resident of Panama. All kind of real estates qualifies for the Panama Residency by Investment Program. For each dependent on the application, the investment must increase in two thousand dollars (USD2,000). This initial residence permit’s validity is two years; after this period, the applicant may apply with our support for the permanent resident status of Panama. My colleagues in Panama have the license to find, choose and purchase real estate in Panama.
The purchase must be completed by the time the application is presented to Panama National Migration Service, so Public Register can provide the public document called Public Register Certification, that proves the ownership of the property and, of course, it’s value.
Amount of investment in real estate and the total cost of the residence permit of Panama
Investment and government fees:
- The necessary minimum amount of investment for the main applicant: 300,000 USD
- Government fees: 1,550 USD
- Dependents: An additional 2,000 USD investment/person (this investment can be justified by local bank reference letter).
- Governmental fee for depends:
- Older than 12 years: 1,550 USD
- Younger than 12 years: 700 USD
- Provisional Resident Permit for Real Estate Investor: 1,750 USD
- Legal fee for each dependent applicant: Provisional Resident Permit for Economical Reasons Macro-Company: 600 USD
The time frame of the immigration process under the Panama Residency by Investment Program
Once the applicant has established as a macro-company or real estate investor, once he or she has all the required legal situation so our colleges in Panama can introduce the solicitude to the National Migration Service, the applicant will get a Process Card, valid for six months, so he or she and the dependents can stay in Panama legally. In this time frame, Migration will work to examine the documents provided to them. In approximately 3-6 months the Panamaina Migrations will emit a resolution that approves the two-year provisional permit, so the applicant will give back the process card and get a new one, for two years.
Do you want to apply through the Panama Residency by Investment Program? Click here to contact us!